Welcome to my first blog post for my author website!
Since you found my blog, you likely fit into one of the following 5 categories:
1. You are one of my family/friends, and you thought it would be nice to stop by and support my new venture as a children's book author. Or maybe a friend of yours sent you a link to my blog or website. Grab a cup of coffee, read through the site, relax, and join the conversation! If you’re already following me on Twitter you know that I love sparking conversation on a variety of topics related to books, strong female characters in children's literature, feminism, education, geek culture, writing/self-publishing, and traveling. I welcome comments so don't be shy.
2. You are interested in reading my children's books for yourself or your kids. That is wonderful! My books are fun for the whole family. Stay tuned to this website for more information on The Black Rose and Other Scary Stories That Really Happened To Me! which will be available digitally in May 2014 and The Iris of Rhiannon which will be available this summer. Follow me on Twitter for the latest updates. You can also subscribe my blog for excerpts and teasers (link below).
3. You are an aspiring writer that would like to connect with other members of the writing community. You may be looking for encouragement, positivity and inspiration in your writer's life! If so, welcome! I am also new to the world of authorship and would like to meet other writers for support and networking. A writer's life does not have to be lonely.
4. You are a seasoned writer, buyer, agent, or publisher. You are an expert on writing, publishing, or book marketing and are eager to share your expertise. My website can be a platform to disseminate your own tips and advice. Sharing is encouraged, but please hold the spam. If you like my writing and would like to represent or buy my treatments or other works of fiction, contact me through my website and we can chat!
5. You are a parent, teacher, older sibling, aunt/uncle, babysitter, or grandparent looking for book recommendations or educational resources for the kids in your life. My children and I read every day. I will be sharing the literary gems we find on my blog, so stay tuned. You may also be curious about how in the world I am educating my kids while on a nomadic walkabout. I will feature posts of our journey as my partner, Chris, and I homeschool our children on the road. Join us as we learn through this process.
Once again welcome to my website and blog. I look forward to our journey together.