If you have been following my blog or my Twitter feed, you know that I am embarking on a round the world walkabout trip with my partner, Chris, and our two children. After living in Monteverde, Costa Rica for one year and visiting family in the USA for the month of June, we will be flying out of Cincinnati to Lima, Peru on July 5th to start our year-long adventure. I will continue writing during that time. We will homeschool our children on the road. Many of our friends and family have asked what countries we will visit during our walkabout. Here is a preliminary itinerary. I say preliminary because I am sure we will be doing a lot of changes over the course of the trip. If we like one particular place, we may stay longer than we planned.
- Peru and Bolivia (11 weeks between the two; 6 of those weeks will see Chris and the kids taking Spanish immersion classes).
- Uruguay (3 weeks; 2 of those weeks will be spent in Spanish classes)
- Argentina and Chile (7 weeks between the two countries)
- Easter Island (4 days)
- Tahiti (1 week (because we just couldn't pass it by))
- New Zealand (2.5 weeks over the Christmas holiday)
- Southeast Asia (3 months to travel around Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, and possibly Malaysia)
- Hong Kong and China (1 week. We wanted to stay longer but the visa requirements are a bit complicated)
- Japan (3 weeks)
- Turkey, Greece, and eastern Europe (probably Czech Republic, Romania, Hungary, and Poland; 8 weeks between all of these countries)
- Amsterdam (2-3 days)
- France (1 week)
- England (1 week)
I am very excited about our trip and I hope you follow us along. If you have any recommendations of where to stay, things to do, or people to visit while we are in these different countries let me know in the comments section or contact me through my website. When making suggestions, keep in mind that our accommodations will be hostels, couch surfing, home stays, and house sitting. We will be traveling on a tight budget!
Sharing is caring! Click on the Share button on this page to share this post with your friends.